Tips from ADT
Now that we are in Level 3 lockdown we may start to see an increase in residential crime the below tips could make everyone more mindful and ensure families remain safe.
10 TIPS to keep in mind that your burglar won’t tell you:
- Sometimes, I carry a clipboard. Sometimes, I dress like a lawn guy and carry a rake. I do my best to never, ever to look like a crook
- The two things I hate most: loud dogs and nosy neighbours
- Love those flowers. That tells me you have taste … and taste means there are nice things inside. Those toys your kids leave out in your garden always make me wonder what type of gaming system they have
- Yes, I really do look for newspapers piled up on the driveway. And I might leave a pizza flyer in your front door to see how long it takes you to remove it
- If decorative glass is part of your front entrance, don’t let your alarm company install the control pad where I can see if it’s set. That makes it too easy
- A good security company arms the window over the sink. And the windows on the second floor, which often access the master bedroom-and your jewellery. It’s not a bad idea to put motion detectors up there too
- It’s raining, you’re fumbling with your umbrella, and you forget to lock your door-understandable. But understand this: I don’t take a day off because of bad weather
- A loud TV or radio can be a better deterrent than the best alarm system. If you’re reluctant to leave your TV on while you’re out of town, you can buy a device that works on a timer and simulates the flickering glow of a real television
- I’m not complaining, but why would you pay all that money for a fancy alarm system and leave your house without setting it?
- To you, leaving that window open just a crack during the day is a way to let in a little fresh air. To me, it’s an invitation
Many of these may sound obvious but don’t be fooled. We are all spending so much more time at home and as the economy starts to open up, there are still a lot of desperate people and you need to stay alert and mindful.
Keeping you safe, protecting your assets