MJD Risk Insurance Brokers

Short Term Insurance and Risk Management Consultants

“Partners in your Risk”

Property Loss or damage claims

Property Loss or damage claims #

      1. Complete a Property Loss Claim form – Complete form here
      2. Report the incident to the Police if the property is lost/stolen
      3. The insurer has the option to repair, replace, reinstate or settle for cash
      4. A damage report is required if the property is damage which must state what the cause of the damage was.
      5. Settlement is normally made on a “new for old basis”
      6. The exact make, miodel & serial numbers ar required for the insured items.
      7. Valuation certificates for valuable items – e.g jewellry is required. This will also serve as proof of ownership
      8. Proof of ownership – brochures, invoices is required when claiming.
      9. Radios with “face-off”  facility – this part must be produced when claiming.
      10. Salvage must be kept as this will have to be handed in to the insurer
MJD Creations